Monday, August 23, 2010

The Big and The Little

Summer was here ~ beautiful and regenerating ~ and 12:01am, first day of 'teacher' school is here. Just like that. Kind of funny I just found all of the summer clothes. Emma's and mine were packed together, and Koby's in a separate solid colored plastic tote. I'm sure I looked at the bright orange and purple packages all summer season, but never remembered what was in them. I think it's that we never quite got into a habit of garage. I took the bi-annual change-out-of-clothing to the garage instead of lifting it carefully to the space above our closet. It was always a strange little space; just big enough to hold random boxes or perhaps a Christmas present or two, but I guess I figured I should start using this great garage space that is now an integrated part of our Lincoln property landscape. This is home. It has stories to tell from every one of our years of marriage.

So here I am, just finished my actual first day of packing up our home. Traces of the last ten years of our lives caked on the tops of light fixtures and cupboards. That's as far as I've gotten, but it has started. Kev and I are probably less sure about this move than any other decision in our ten year marriage, and really any of our years, months, days, and decisions together. But the move is on. Bristol, here we come, and may this family continue to be blessed with patience and strength, empathy and motivation. I'll miss the big things, and packing the little things reminds me of how many others have had a hand in building our lives here. Guide us well!

No comments:

Post a Comment