Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Basement




I keep talking about it, so I'd better post a picture! So here's the finished basement. Although I'm not quite sure where the border idea came from (besides I just like to make things challenging!) I guess I was really sure I loved the idea of the natural slate after spending a few nights at Tarkio. I just thought that slate basement was gorgeous. Brett and Erin slaved last fall - in fact it was right when they found out they were expecting! - to help us get it done before deer season. Well that fell through pretty quickly. Almost a year later, finally there! Our floor was so badly sloped Aaron had to put five pounds of filler in to make it workable. OK, I just have to say it, I am a sad we never got the chance to use it, but it really adds something special to the house. Enjoy the pics!!


PS. Day 3 of packing is slow. Squeezing in an hour here, and a few things there. I've broken two things in the last two days. Still working on the frivolous stuff; candles, kids clay creations - of which there are many -, and Kevin jumped in tonight and started in on the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment